About Living from the Heart ~

We live by stories passed on for generations about who we are
and where we should be going. But these stories don't always let us live our best lives, because they aren't our personal legends.

Living from the Heart is about discovering our own stories. Choices with Intention. It is the journey to be true to ourselves and to dare to be all God and the Universe made us to be.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Anger is my Friend..

"We think that if we frighten people away, we can avoid being hurt even more. In fact, just the opposite is the case. By covering our wounds with armor we are preventing them from being healed. By lashing out at others we keep ourselves from getting the love and nourishment we need." ~ Osho


Anger is just a response to pain. When i'm angry..i realise one of two things. I'm either feeling extremely helpless. Or i am being ignored, and feeling extremely invalidated. Making friends with these two feelings, i come to recognise them as fears and experiences carried forward from my childhood. While they were my enemies, they had become automatic triggers for anger in my adult life. But now that they are friends - i can recognise them better for who they truly are, and deal with the pain better. At that instant when i realise i am actually feeling helpless or invisible..the anger dissipates. Because at that very moment when i recognise the cause of my pain..I am then ENABLED to find a way to stop being helpless or make myself visible again.


Anger does make me lash out. But stopping to recognise my pain-triggers helps me reach out instead..for the love and nourishment i need to ease that pain. And suddenly..those 'nasty' triggers have become my friends. Allies. Suddenly the pain ...has led me to have MORE not less LOVE in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment