About Living from the Heart ~

We live by stories passed on for generations about who we are
and where we should be going. But these stories don't always let us live our best lives, because they aren't our personal legends.

Living from the Heart is about discovering our own stories. Choices with Intention. It is the journey to be true to ourselves and to dare to be all God and the Universe made us to be.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Natural Link


Love in My Mother's Embrace

I will go into an open field.

There I will lay down upon the ground,
my arms open wide
and stare up at the sky.
I will see clouds forming shapes my mind cannot recognise.
I will smell the perfume of weeds and grass
crushed beneath my muscle and bones...
and while it will be familiar
it will bring no memory
of the hustle of my life
behind closed doors and concrete walls.

I will gradually see the colours around me
blend into each other...
sensing everything and yet nothing in particular.

And as I gradually dissolve
into nothingness of consequence
I will become
the very essence of the universe
~ an accepting abundant love.



When i am most overwhelmed, being out in nature so restores me. And i have heard the same of so many others who seem to gain a calming, restoring sense of well-being when they go to a place in nature that is greater than themselves. When i feel tired of my daily routine, a visit to the park refreshes me. When i am overwhelmed by endless caregiving, a trip to the forest in all it's wild disarray works better - almost as if my mind finally recognises something far greater than it can ever handle and backs off, leaving my soul the space it has been needing to finally breathe clearly.

The more 'lost' i feel inside, the greater the natural element i need to calm my inner tempest. Perhaps that's why the ocean is my ultimate soothing balm of nature. When i stand on the fringes of the ocean, i know there is no way i could ever be in control. My mind is defeated by the truth that i am finally facing a force so great, and a peace washes over my heart..of accepting that the mighty force before me is governed by a Love so great that it holds the ocean in place. Surely it is doing just as well, holding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment